Thursday, October 14, 2010

Hello Ben Franklin

I was nervous (fine, intimidated) to meet you – ooohhhh what a pleasure you are!

Ben Franklin is a craft store we have here in the PNW.  It’s our Hobby Lobby =) I have been searching for labels to put on our escort favors and have been striking out left and right.  The other weekend (more about that weekend in a separate post) MOH told me about Ben Franklin and I immediately wanted to pay it a visit.  SCORE! They had exactly what I was looking for, plus more! 


DIY – I am so ready to conquer your ass! 


I take that back - Goose is so ready to conquer your ass.  And now, for a look at the almost final product. 113 of them will be stuffed with loose candies and placed on a table that reads "Trick or Treat, Please Find Your Seat!"


That is one project we can handle, SCORE 1 for the BRIDE/GROOM =)

Oh readers, I have not neglected you (why do I always feel the need to apologize? Maybe to keep you coming back?!?!)  I have been busy busy busy with projects now that we’re at T-16.  Here are some recent purchases that will make an appearance – Enjoy!


These darling pedestals come from this fab Etsy find.  They will hold the Cocktail Drink card, Escort Table Card, and Guest Signature Book card.  I wanted something other than frames, these are also kinda sorta modern -  which is so Goose!


Etsy has won again!  I had wanted a hanger similar to this, however, it was all metal and wouldn’t be able to hold the weight of my dress.  Mrs Star suggested a photo with my wedding day lingerie on the metal hanger, a great suggestion – sadly, my heart was set on the dress hanger photo! I didn't end my search until I found what I wanted.  The hanger above will give me exactly what I want, SCORE 1 for the Bride =)

Now I must jet to my 3rd fitting, which is more like a "FIX THE 2ND FITTING!" 

Hasta La Pasta =)

PS – did you know wooden sticks (needed for Mardi Gras masks) are called ‘dowels’ in the crafting world. I am learning all sorts of new info, thanks to Ben Franklin!

4 comments:

  1. Your blog is so adorable, Congrats on getting married :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Andrew. I could never get my hubby to do a diy craft project. Looking good! I love that hanger and glad you are able to use it for something!! so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Brittaney - Thank you ;) @Rabex - I know hysterical right? He is watching Law & Order SVU on the computer, lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I like his style with the Law & Order SVU!

    ReplyDelete