Friday, October 1, 2010

This is THE Month

I say goodbye.  I say I Do.  I cry tears of happiness.  I get to have all my nearest and dearest in one place at the same. An entire day gets to be about me (and Goose, lol)   This is THE Month I marry the man I spent 27 years looking for.  This is the month I become Mrs Gershman.  THIS IS THE MONTH.

October, I am so ready for you.  The last 9 months have been great, but you, you’re gonna be wonderful, I can just feel it.

We’ve been quite busy the past few days…Doing what?  Check out out…

 We came up with our Signature Cocktail. In real life its called the 'Spooky Rum Cooler. '  On our day its being called the 'Ghooling Grog.'  It will be served in martini glasses that will be hanging from one of these puppies.  And we won't be garnishing w/ black licorice spiders, sawry :(  The Ghooling Grog consists of light rum and dark rum, lime juice, simple syrup, and pomegranate juice.  Hope you all like it - and if you don't there's a full bar for ya, have at it :) 


We received our masks plus other wedding related gifts that are taking over our kitchen table.  Btw, the masks, they're fabulous. Last night Goosers and I were posing for pretend pictures. I know totally silly of us but we could't help it.  We hope our wedding party loves them and plays with them for pictures!!!

Not sure if you remember, but, a while back I mentioned I can't stand tent cards for escort cards and I wasn't sure what we were gonna be doing.  We wanted to do something candy related honoring our wedding day.  After looking into all sorts of clever DIY projects and ideas, I checked myself bc I am NOT a DIY'er.  Enter this little suckers courtesy of The Knot


These will be stuffed with candies, think: skittles, m&m’s, reeses pcs, thin mints, sour patch kids, etc…They’ll have a label on them with guests names and table number.  We have killed two birds with one stone = escort card / guest favor!  Score, for team bride/groom. 

After work Goose and I are checking out some lighting for the venue and then tomorrow its wine tasting (for the wedding not for fun) and Ketubah framing. 

Oh October 2010, I am falling in love with you already!  You’re starting on a HIGH and you will indeed end on a HIGH.  I hope you're all as excited as I am, have a great weekend!  xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Indeed will End on a HIGH! October 31st will be here soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting! I remember when my wedding month hit. I was beside myself! Enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete