Let me share a short story, m’kay…Recently I began remembering my dreams. I never remember my dreams, ever. I know I dream, I just don’t remember their details. I have also never been a great sleeper since I moved outta my parents’ home. Yes that is correct, since 2003 I haven’t slept well. I have no clue why! I fall asleep fine, its staying asleep. Outta nowhere about two weeks ago I realized I’ve been sleeping hard and remembering my dreams. Yes, I have been sleeping through the night and remembering the details of all of my dreams. More than twice a week my dreams have included Rennes, it was starting to wig me out. I was dreaming she was on the floor of a concrete sweat shop and had shoe prints all over her from being on the floor of said sweat shop. Another night that dream picked up and she was floating in a backyard pool 'cleaning the shoe prints.' Oh, one of my dreams had her cut up to look ‘artsy’ on an LA billboard (pls don’t ask.) Needless to say I couldn’t wait to have her in my possession. Story Complete.
The day couldn’t have been better. I fell into a happy-wedding-dreamland-driving-coma while the sun shined bright and the skies remained pillow less. I listened to country, coffee house acoustic, love songs, reggae, and some French tunes (I am totally looking into XM radio) while thinking of rehearsal dinner speeches, commitment to family friends and Goosers, our fur girl children and our future non fur girl children. The 3 hr drive felt like 45 minutes, it was pure heaven for an in-love-with-me-time gal.
Once I pulled into DD2’s house butterflies started fluttering, I was very giddy & filled with mass amounts of excitement. I walked up her stairs into a large room with wedding gowns hanging on racks and from the ceiling (think dry cleaners) - I didn’t see Rennes. DD2 then walked through gowns pushing them aside and there she was, on a tall mannequin allowing me to see every inch of her beauty. My eyes welled with tears, the tears I didn’t have the day I found her; I couldn’t wait to put her on. I stripped down to my birthday suit slipped on my Jimmy’s and Spanx and then put my hands up, as if I were gonna dive into a pool. DD2 placed Rennes over my head, she fell into place, we zipped her, and I turned to the mirror and had my second moment of tears. Believe it or not – this is when I knew we were meant to be!
Rennes hugged my body, booty, and her French bustle was easy peasy. BUT, there was a problem and that was the sweetheart neckline we created. DD2 and I tried to talk it out however, due to a language barrier I felt it was best to go with what she was saying, wait until I got home, and then figure out a plan.
The entire ride home all I could think about was the neckline. I surprised Goosers and stopped off at his office. He asked how everything went and I said, “it was wonderful...” I didn’t know what to say and explaining that ‘it was great except this one part’ wasn’t going to work – if I said that I would've bursted into tears. Once I got into town I dropped Rennes off at Groomsman DS’s house. Last nights sleep was heavy and my dreams resorted back to Rennes…
Today is a new day - I contacted a seamstress and we’re gonna see what she can do…
To be cont…
PS - no pictures bc I forgot my camera. Will be sure to take pictures when with the local seamstress…

No comments:
Post a Comment