Friday, May 14, 2010

Fragranced Relationships


Yowza - - My last post was a week ago.  Maybe I should keep with 1 post a week – I still have roughly 20 weeks until the wedding, which feels as though its ions away, Argh!!!!! 

It’s a bright, sunny, hands down jaw dropping gorgeous day here in Seattle `– To soak up the sun I walked to grab a quick bite to eat.  

 (personal photo from Palm Pixi)

As I passed stores, tourists, and other working folks hurrying to grab lunch I could smell the yumminess of sun block (come on you know you secretly love that smell as it reminds you of vaca,) of chocolate, of burgers, of flowers, of fresh fruit, and of B.O. – yes some believe in ‘au naturale!’  All of these scents got me thinking of my own scents and the scent, what will it be?

I heart scents. My most favorite are personal fragrances – aka Parfums and Toilettes.  I loved (and miss) the days of visiting Buffums with my mom and while she was shopping the Lancome counter I was spritzing myself with parfums and toilettes. 

Fragrances tell stories.  Their notes capture our attention and we soon learn there is a relatiopnship.  Whether it’s a floral or a fruit, musk or crisp, heavy or light – there is a special journey, memory, or reason for each fragrance purchase we make. 

Below is my fragrance relationship time line – I will not bore you with details of each memory or specific reasons behind each purchase.  This is a mere look into my love for personal fragrance…


(personal photo click on to make larger)


Currently on my fragrance shelf are the below....

(personal photo click on to make larger)

Tocca's Stella (3rd bottle in from the right in above photo) has gone bu-bye...Tiare Mimosa (shown below) has replaced it and is my current everyday fave!!!  Its a light floral fragrance with notes of gardenia, lemon zest, musk, mimosa, and (dare I say it because I truly do hate vanilla parfums) vanilla.  Its my Spring fragrance because its LIGHT-n-FLORAL. 

(photo Google Imaging)

Where does this bring me - - - What will I wear for my special day? It will be a cold fall evening. I'll need something heavier than a light spring floral.  I want to turn heads and leave people wondering who smells so good or what smells so good (its the bride people.)  I want to create the memory that gives the relationship - can I do that?

No comments:

Post a Comment